Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oh the joys of Parenting....

So - after arriving at my parents for our first weekend in IL - everything was going great. Gavin was sleeping fine, napping, eating lots (since he started eating 2 weeks before we headed to IL).... but then, things are not always as easy as they seem.

Starting on Sunday night, Gavin decided that he wasn't going to sleep through the night and woke up several times. Between myself and Grandma - we were consoling him, rocking him, you name it - so I was getting concerned that he was sick. Then he was having some constipation problems - so we started giving him a little juice and not as much food. That seemed to help for a few days - but then he got a fever of 101.5 which lasted for a half of day followed by a pretty significant rash. So I called our dr. and they wanted to see him BUT we were in IL.... so what to do! Thank goodness we have a peditrician in our family - Dr. David Cross to the rescue! On Friday, we headed up there - but I was beginning to think that it may be teething... and we were pretty sure it was. Still, Gavin had lots of restless nights - so Grandma and Mommy didn't get lots of sleep throughout the week. We would play catch up in the morning when Gavin went back down for his morning nap. Towards the end of the week - his humor and demeanor were much better - but still - not sleeping through the night. NOW - IF we had been at our house - we would have let Gavin cry it out a little. But, I didn't want to do that at my parents and keep them up all night. So - I know you are asking - what happened when you got back home??? Yes - he slept through the night.... so I think he missed his bed! Sorry Grandma and Grandpa... we will have to work on that before we come and visit next time.

No comments: