Friday, May 16, 2008

Lots of New Friends

L to R: Marin & Evan (Christina's 2 - and baby #3 on the way), Reese (little one crying is Beth P's), Cade & Keegan (Dana's 2 boys), Gavin in the center with Cole (Beth P's boy), Collin and Kate (Carrie's), and Neely & Maeve (Beth G's 2 girls)

Gavin and I left early on Friday morning to head to IL to my parents in Hartsburg. He was so great in the car - didn't cry at all and slept most of the way. One stop in Champaign, IL for a bottle, bathroom and lunch for mommy too - then back on the road. It eneded up being a very easy trip - thank goodness, as I had never driven that far by myself with Gavin.


The first weekend in IL, we got together with 5 of my high school friends and all their kids. Now - when I say 5 of my friends - guess how many kids that includes? Yes - 11 between the 5 of us. They all have 2 already, I'm the only one with 1 - and my friend Christina has baby #3 on the way - congrats! 11 kids from 4 years and younger - with Gavin the youngest at 6 months.


We had so much fun with our BBQ at the Cosgroves and the weather was fantastic! It was so much fun to get all of us together. Then, just the "girls" enjoyed all day Saturday together at the spa and then out to dinner with drinks for late night (yes, late night was until midnight...ha, ha!).
All the grandparents (who all live in the area), got to babysit all the kids on Saturday. Thanks mom and dad for watching Gavin!

No comments: