Sunday, June 27, 2010

My 1st Movie - the REAL DEAL

Yes - this was a very exciting weekend for many reasons. Gavin is really loving the pool these days - and boy have we been enjoying it with this hot weather. But - when we took a break from the pool - and had a free Saturday night (just the 2 of us) - what better thing to do than go to our first "movie date." I had talked to several friends about Gavin being old enough to sit through a movie at the theater - but he has become quite obsessed with Toy Story - and I knew he would probably like the newest one, Toy Story 3. And boy did he - I was excited all afternoon and couldn't stop talking to him about going to see Toy Story and watching it on a big screen - eating popcorn and M&M's - and to remember that we would need to whisper (inside voice) while watching the movie. So we left a little early, and here were some photos I took (you would have thought he was going to prom as I was sooo excited). And we of course had to wear our Woody t-shirt - Boy Next Door! Just darling!

We arrived at the movie theater, got our snacks and there were lots of people there too. Gavin was just checking everything out and he had to be sure to carry his own snack, M&M's. We got into the theater - and of course as a mom - I brought a small bowl to put his snacks in and also brought his own drink. We got all settled and the "commercials/trivia" was running. Gavin sat there in awe... we kept talking and I forgot to think that the theater chairs flip up when you are not sitting on them properly. And since Gavin doesn't weigh alot - snacks in hand - he sat back in the chair and it folded up. I immediately started laughing - and Gavin said to me, "Mommy, the chair broke!" Luckily the movie hadn't started yet. So then we sat him back and it was much better. But once the movie started - he wanted to sit on my lap (which he did throughout the whole movie). I think he could see better and he LOVED IT! He was so good - he only shouted out 3 times - "There's Woody Mommy" or "Buzz Light Year" - which I of course thought was just too darn cute. When the movie was over and we were getting ready to leave - he said to me, "Can we do this again?" It's moments like this that I wish could last forever...




Gavin, I can't wait to go on more "movie dates" with you - I will cherish this forever.
And - next time, we will be sure to take Daddy!
To Infinity and Beyond...

No comments: